BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Thank you for visiting my 2015 New York City Marathon Fund Raising Page.
I have the privilege and honor to run as part of the Robin Hood Foundation team. This is the third time I have participated as part of Team Robin Hood.
Robin Hood is a charity like no other; dedicated to improving the lives of those most in need in New York City. 100% of every dollar Robin Hood raises is dedicated to improving the lives of New Yorkers living without proper nutrition, shelter, clothing and health care. Robin Hood helps provide critical, life changing access to schooling and job skills training.
I hope you will join Robin Hood and me in working to eradicate poverty in New York City. Running 26.2 miles is a good test of fitness and mental toughness. Lacing up running shoes on the first Sunday in November pales in comparison, however, to the daunting and sometimes overwhelming daily challenge of surviving in New York City with insufficient food, clothing and educational opportunities.
Thank you in advance for your generous contribution. Together we can make a huge difference to the lives of our neighbors most in need of our assistance.
P.S. Here are a few more words of explanation and inspiration directly from the Robin Hood board.
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 1, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as we cheer these real-life heroes on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
TO OFFICIALLY JOIN OUR TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT JASMINE WOOD (email@example.com)