BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Hello Friends and Family!
Thank you for visiting my fund raising page! I am so excited to be running the NYC Marathon again this Fall with the Robin Hood Foundation.
Robin Hood is New York's largest poverty-fighting organization, giving New York’s neediest citizens the tools they need to build better lives by finding, funding and creating programs and schools that generate meaningful results for families in New York's poorest neighborhoods. And my favorite feature of this charity is that Robin Hood's board of directors pays all of the overhead costs, so that 100% of your donation goes directly to helping those in need!
No pressure to donate, but if you want to help out please give whatever amount feels right to you here. To put your donation in perspective:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.