BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Hello, friends and family!
For the second time, I am honored to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon on behalf of Robin Hood. My team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 1, I will take to the streets of NYC and run 26.2 miles through all five boroughs. I invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as they cheer me on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support me and my mission to fight poverty. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year
Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you along the course on November 1!