BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
On November 1, 2015, I am excited to announce I will be running my first marathon in the NYC Marathon.
I’m proud to be apart of The Robin Hood Team. Our team of 100 runners has committed to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Since 1988, Robin Hood has funded poverty fighting programs by applying sound investment principles to philanthropy. It helps the best charitable programs save lives and change fates by focussing on poverty prevention through education assistance and skill training. Please help support this mission to fight poverty.
Just look at how far your donation can go:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
I thank you in advance for all your support!! See you at the finish line!