BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Lucky enough to be doing the NY marathon again this year - and I should give something back to a city which puts on such an amazing event.
New York is an incredible city but on where there are extremes between the well-off and the disadvantaged. The Robin Hood foundation is a local charity which fights poverty. They've committed that 100% of every dollar will be used for this. To date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Some of the stats they provide include:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
Thanks very much if you are able to donate!