BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Two key things inspired me to run in this year's NYC Marathon.
Last year, I went to the race to watch my sister, friends and colleagues run, and was awed by the sheer magnitude of the event, the runners and the spectators. The energy was amazing - the entire city gathered to cheer and celebrate the runners. It showed me how important the NYC Marathon is, and it reminded me how great our City is. Home to my wife, three sons and I. The NYC Marathon happens in our back yard. This called me to the challenge. I also really like to run. So I will run 26.2 miles on November 1st!
The second inspiration is the Robin Hood Foundation. The Robin Hood Foundation is an incredible organization, run by incredible people who are dedicated to fighting poverty in New York City. Because the RH board covers all operating costs of the organization, 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to those in need. I am honored and thrilled to run for Robin Hood! I am hopeful that my family, firends and colleagues will donate too!
More interesting stuff from Robin Hood:
On race day, November 1, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as we cheer these real-life heroes on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.