BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
I am proud to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon by running with the Robin Hood Team of 100 or so runners. We have all committed to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
The longest I have ever run was in the Todd's Point Half Marathon over a year ago out in CT. Due to a bet with my sister, I signed up for that event a week before it took place with no training. The bet was that I wouldn't be able to beat 2 hours, and despite all of the odds and lack of preparation I was able to complete it in 1:46:00. I was utterly surprised by this time and have since determined with the proper training I could be quite competitive in long distance running. Therefore, having just joined the Philanthropic Young Things (P.Y.T.) with Robin Hood, I knew this event would be a great way to immerse myself in the Robin Hood community, take on an immense personal challenge, and give back to my beloved NYC community all at once.
I need your support to reach my fundraising goal of $5,000 that will go towards Robin Hood's mission to fight poverty. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
Thank you all in advance for your support before, during, and after race day.