BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Dear friends & family -
I am super excited (and slightly nervous) to let you all know that I am running for the 2015 TCS NYC Marathon with team Robin Hood! While I have been busy training for what would be the longest run of my life, I have learned that my struggles of training pale in comparison to the struggles of those living in poverty in New York.
This year marks my 9th year living in the city that I love and cherish. We have been so fortunate to take advantage of what this place can offer us, but there are many people living in our city who need our help.
Robin Hood is New York's largest poverty fighting organization, focused on finding, funding and creating programs and schools that generate meaningful results for New York's poorest residents.
100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty.
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
Thank you in advance for your help. I hope I can see you at the finish line!