BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
I am beyond excited to be running my first ever marathon and especially to be running in the TCS NYC Marathon! The NYC Marathon has been on my bucket list ever since I moved to this great city over 6 years ago.
I will be running with the Robin Hood Foundation. Robin Hood is one of NYC's most successful poverty fighting programs. An interesting fact about this organization is that 100% of the proceeds go directly to the charity (no over head fees). I would be extremely grateful if you could contribute any donation, no matter the size!
For more information on the charity please go to: https://www.robinhood.org/.
Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
Thank you for your support and time!