December 16, 2016
BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
My name is Dennis. I’m a New Yorker by birth and disposition currently living in Massachusetts. I’m incredibly motivated to be running the NYC Marathon and helping Team Robin Hood fight poverty.
Thank you for your support. What, you’re in favor of poverty? I didn’t think so!
In 2013 alone, Robin Hood granted more than $126 million to fight poverty in New York City as well as $56 million to aid those affected by superstorm Sandy. From the thousands of groups out there, the Robin Hood Foundation has identified and funded just over 200 of the most effective organizations on the front lines of the battle against poverty
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 6, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as we cheer these real-life heroes on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
TO OFFICIALLY JOIN OUR TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT MACKENZIE SWIRBUL (email@example.com).