BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
This year, despite some physical restrictions (right knee, left toe, whoa!) I will be running the marathon in honor of my mother, Sally. From as early as I can remember she ingrained in me the importance of giving back, and that's exactly why I'm asking you to join me in supporting the poverty eradicating efforts of Robin Hood. I can't think of a better way to honor her legacy of love and service, and will be channeling her strength the whole 26.2 mile route!
100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. To date, Robin Hood raised over $6 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts (!).
And for context, here's where your much appreciated support goes:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.