BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
I have decided to run the 2016 New York City Marathon in support of the Robin Hood Foundation. This is my first marathon and my first time raising money for Robin Hood, and I could not be more excited to be pursuing this opporunity with such a fantastic organization. Please join me in support of this amazing cause.
Below is information that outlines how your donation can support the amazing work Robin Hood does to fight poverty in NYC:
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.