Rob Lynn via Crowdrise
August 07, 2015
BENEFITING: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
"Running for charity takes something that is inherently selfish and makes it selfless."
I plan on running a marathon in all 50 states with the goal of raising as much money as possible for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital. Not only is this an excuse to travel and cross numerous vacation locales off my bucket list, but its a great opportunity to do something good for a cause I feel strongly about. All donations go directly through Crowdrise to St Jude Childrens Research Hospital and are totally tax deductible. Sweet!
My charity of choice is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For those who are unfamiliar, the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Unfortunately, everybody knows at least one person who has had to deal with a catastrophic disease such as cancer. While its brutal and horrible regardless of the age of the afflicted, for a young child to have to deal with something so terrible is unimaginable. Children and their families facing these challenges need all the support they can get and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is THE leader in pediatric research and treatment.
For more information on this charity, please visit their official website: http://www.stjude.org
My fundraising goal is to raise as much as humanly possible for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital over the course of my 50 state marathon goal.
Disclaimer: Please feel no obligation to give. If you do nothing other then follow my progress and root me on, thats good enough for me. However, if you do feel like giving towards my goal, I would be extremely grateful as it is for a great cause, one that is not difficult to get behind. Plus, it will help keep me motivated training during the long, cold, winters and hot, humid summers! Also, if anyone has any race suggestions, definitely let me know.
1. 11/4/2010 - NYC Marathon - New York, New York - 4:04:17
2. 10/30/2011 - Marine Corps Marathon - Arlington, VA/D.C. - 3:43:09
3. 3/18/2012 - Tobacco Road Marathon - Cary, NC - 3:28:40
4. 5/6/2012 - New Jersey Marathon - Long Branch, NJ - 3:18:55
5. 6/23/2012 - Mayor's Marathon - Anchorage, Alaska- 3:24:00
6. 10/14/2012 - Mount Desert Island Marathon - Bar Harbor, Maine - 3:01:09
7. 11/18/2012 - Philadelphia Marathon - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 2:55:58
8. 12/8/2012 - Rehoboth Beach Marathon - Rehoboth Beach, Delaware - 2:58:02
9. 3/9/2013 - Red Rocks Marathon - Las Vegas, Nevada - 3:11:09
10. 5/26/2013 - Vermont City Marathon - Burlington, Vermont - 3:01:55
11. 4/21/2014 - Boston Marathon - Boston, Massachusetts - 3:31:35
12. 5/24/2015 - Buffalo Marathon - Buffalo, New York - 3:02:45
13. 10/17/2015 - Baltimore Marathon - Baltimore, Maryland - 3:16:32
14. 10/9/2016 - Chicago Marathon - Chicago, Illinios - 3:13:06
15. 2/9/2017 - A1A Marathon - Fort Lauderdale, Florida - 3:26:52
16. 10/14/2017 - Hartford Marathon - Hartford, Connecticut - 3:09:06