BENEFITING: Center in Asbury Park Inc
EVENT DATE: Sep 23, 2017
Marcia VanNote wrote -
On September 23, 2017, The Center in Asbury Park will host its 2nd annual AIDS Bike Ride fundraiser. The Bike Ride starts and finishes at The Center in Asbury Park. Enjoy beautiful coastal views on flat terrain with cyclists of all ages and riding abilities to support The Center in Asbury Park. This 25 mile ride travels through the iconic seaside towns of Asbury Park, Loch Arbour, Allenhurst, Deal, Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, and Oceanport. SAG (Support And Gear) vehicles will accompany and assist the riders and crew while on the route.
We encourage each rider to raise a minimum amount of $100. The Center is conducting a fundraising campaign reaching out to 20,000+ homes using direct mail marketing, various social media sites, ads in local publications and online newspapers, and e-mail blasts through The Center website, The Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce, and The Belmar Chamber of Commerce.
If you would like information on becoming a Center AIDS Bike Ride Sponsor, please contact Patsy Vornhagen at email@example.com or 732-774-3416 x115.
Your participation will help those who face the challenges of HIV/AIDS every day. All registration fees, rider sponsorships, and donations go directly to The Center in Asbury Park.
THE CENTER 2017 AIDS BIKE RIDE
September 23, 2017 * 10am
806 3rd Ave Asbury Park, NJ 07712
ABOUT THE CAUSE
The Center in Asbury Park, Inc., is a volunteer based New Jersey not-for-profit service organization, providing support services for people living with HIV/AIDS and their caregivers. The Center in Asbury Park offers its clients and volunteers a safe haven in order to instill a sense of community and stability in their lives. The Center fulfills its mission by providing:
- Housing Programs: Center House, a permanent residence to 25 individuals living with HIV/AIDS; Emergency placement for homeless individuals; Rental and Utility subsidies to prevent homelessness
- Nutrition Programs: Emergency Food and Nutrition pantry; Meals to Go, frozen home-cooked meals; a daily lunch program; Monthly Sunday dinners
- Referral Services: Empowering clients by providing connection to other service providers and programs
- Transportation Services: Provide transportation for medical and other needs
- Education: Lecture and forums for clients, staff and volunteers
Click HERE for Route Directions
Click HERE for the Rider Pledge Form
Click HERE to see Sponsorship Opportunities