BENEFITING: Achilles International Inc.
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Romain Garin Laurel wrote -
I'm doing my 6th New York City Marathon on november 2nd, 2014.
This time, I will race for a special cause and I need your support. I understand first hand the importance that sports and the marathon have on one's life, espacially for a child with disabilities.
In fact it means so much to me that I am Vice President of Achilles in France and in French Antilles.
Having completed five New York City Marathons myself I not only want to share the thrill of competition, but understand the positive impact that physical activity has on the lives of these children. Achilles Kids get to meet others, get regular exercize, and gain self confidence through their achevements.
You can make a difference in the lives of children with disabilities by making a donation NOW, which is tax deductible, In giving this gift you will be improving the quality of their lives.
Thank you so much!!
- $3,500 purchases one hand crank wheelchair for an Achilles athlete to use in a mainstream marathon
- $1,000 sponsors a year of running, walking, and rolling for children with disabilities in our Achilles Kids School Program
- $500 sponsors one international Achilles athlete in the 2014 NYC Marathon
- $250 sponsors one domestic Achilles athlete in the 2014 NYC Marathon
- $100 purchases five pairs of running shoes for low-income children with disabilities in our Achilles Kids program
- $50 purchases 10 Achilles T-shirts for members to wear at mainstream races
To learn more about this extraordinary organization, please visit:http://www.achillesinternational.org