BENEFITING: Esperanza Health Centers
It’s a given that most Chicago children have limited access to open space; space for gardening. Roots of Hope Community Garden helps parents pass on knowledge and values to their children in an outdoors setting. It gives kids an outdoor safe space to learn and value the effort they put into their gardening work. The garden provides our community with many benefits including access to fresh fruits and vegetables as well as different herbs to help them maintain a healthier life style. With your help, Roots of Hope Community Garden can continue strengthening our community.
Our goal is to raise a total of $3,000 to continue beautifying our community and giving our families a space to spend quality time together, meditate, learn, and let’s not forget vitamin D.
Esperanza Health Centers and Telpochcalli School started the community garden on the school’s lawn in May of 2011 to help low-income, Mexican-American immigrant families experience gardening and learn about healthy eating.
With sufficient support we can provide:
- Provide gardening space and supplies to a total of 18 families.
- Provide gardening space to Telpochcalli School's special education class and a nearby food pantry (Our Lady of Tepeyac Church).
- Educate a total of 60 community members on gardening techniques and healthy recipes.
- Host at least 2 garden healthy eating events.
Your contribution, no matter the size, will provide a safe learning space for all – our garden of hope and peace.
- Level One: $100.00 – A beautiful sign will display your name in one of our 11 beds plus AND you get to choose 2 Esperanza staff members to walk 1 mile. (See the pictures above. To select your runner, please add their name on the comment box displayed when you click on the donate button.)
- Level Two: $75.00 – A plaque will be displayed in the garden with your name along with everyone else that donates in this category. Plus you get to select an Esperanza staff member to walk 1 mile.(See the pictures above. To select your runner, please add their name on the comment box displayed when you click on the donate button.)
- Level Three: $45 – Donors will get a customized flower pot to help you start your herb garden.
- Level Four: $30 – Donors will get a stylish Seeds of Hope Pouch. The pouch will include seeds to help you get start your very own garden of hope.
Corporate Sponsor: $3,000.00 – A 2014 community garden sign will be displayed in the garden displaying your company’s logo.