BENEFITING: ROOTS OF PEACE
Roots of Peace heals the wounds of war and plants the roots of peace by turning 'mines to vines' in post-conflict zones around the world. In the past decade, Roots of Peace has planted fresh grapes in Afghanistan, strawberries in Angola, flowers in Bosnia-Herzegovina, grapevines in Croatia, rice in Cambodia, wheat in Iraq, and chocolate in Vietnam. All while ridding the land of landmines.
Here's what your donation can do:
- $5 will provide 5 pepper tree cuttings for a farmer
- $15 will supply 3 support structures for pepper vines
- $20 provide a year's worth of training for a rural farmer on production and marketing techniques
- $100 will supply a farmer with organic fertilizer for 2 years
- $200 will provide a 'starter kit' to a farmer
Since 1997, we have worked with families, communities and nations to build agricultural livelihoods and develop tailored, strategic solutions to address critical challenges in war torn countries, stressing capacity building, economic vitality, human rights and the empowerment of women.