BENEFITING: ROTARY CLUB OF SANTA CRUZ SUNRISE FOUNDATION INC
EVENT DATE: Oct 03, 2013
It has been a while since I have done one of these, but I am participating in a 3-day Charity bike ride from Healdsburg, CA to Santa Cruz, CA in early October – nearly 200 miles. This event is associated with the Santa Cruz Sunrise Rotary group that I belong to and it raises funds for numerous charities with whom we are affiliated:
• Second Harvest’s Food for Children – feeding hungry children and families
• Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center – supporting the free-to-the-public educational center at the Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary
• CASA of Santa Cruz – Court Appointed Special Advocates are mentors to foster children and act as the voice of a child in foster care who cannot advocate for themselves in family court
• ShelterBox USA – responds instantly to anywhere in the world after natural and other disasters to provide aid and set up shelters for displaced families.
• Santa Cruz Sunrise Rotary Charities and Grants Fund
For more information on each of these, visit: http://www.sunriserotaryride.org/benefiting-organizations
This year the event team has set a goal 50 riders and $50,000 in pledges, sponsorships and raffle tickets. I have personally pledged to raise $750 to contribute to this goal and would greatly appreciate any contribution you can offer.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. I will keep you posted.