EVENT DATE: Sep 17, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Sep 21, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Sep 15, 2016
Open step-by-step guidelines for registering on Crowdrise in this window by clicking the link at bottom that extends the window.
The Rotary Club of Chestermere's Amazing Race allows competitors to experience the thrill and excitement of the world-renowned 'Amazing Race' on a local scale. Teams of 4 will race around Chestermere deciphering clues and puzzles and navigating their way through challenges, relying on teamwork to race against the clock for a chance to win many fabulous prizes, including cash prizes of $1,000, $500 or $250 for the fastest 3 teams.
Competitors of all ages and fitness levels are welcome. Not only will you be participating in a unique and amazing adventure, you will also be proudly supporting the Rotary Club of Chestermere.
To be eligible to participate, each team must fundraise a minimum of $250. The first 24 teams to meet this fundraising goal will be this year's participants. All participating teams will be contacted via email to confirm their registration. If your team did not make the cut this year, you will have all donations collected by your team refunded prior to the event.
The top fundraisers will be eligible for additional prizes so please support your favorite team, even if they have already reached their $250 goal.
Rotary’s Amazing Race will be held on Saturday, September 17th, 2016.
8:15 - 8:45am: Check-In, Registration & Photo Booth at John Peake Memorial Park (100 John Morris Way)
9:00am – 12 noon: The Amazing Race will take place at several top secret locations across the City of Chestermere
12:00 Noon: Award Presentation & BBQ Lunch provided by Eric's No Frills in the Chestermere Business Park
If you’re starting a team;
1) Click the big yellow button that says ‘CREATE YOUR TEAM’
2) Click the option on the right that says ‘Start a New Fundraiser’
3) Key in your team name in the ‘Fundraiser Title’ field.
4) Choose the fundraiser category ‘Groups, Clubs, and Sports Teams’ please
5) Set your fundraising Goal. Remember, each team has to raise at least $250 to enter the race, and there are special (extra) prizes for the top fundraising teams.
6) Describe your team in the field called ‘About your Fundraiser’. Have some fun with it!
7) Check the box for our Terms and Conditions (it’s a waiver for the event)
8) Change the default setting from U.S. to Canadian, if you're a Canadian.
9) Last step (if needed)! Create an account (username and password) for yourself with Crowdrise. The only information you need to provide is a first name, last name, a valid e-mail address with a password.
If you’re joining a team;
1) Click the big yellow button that says ‘CREATE YOUR TEAM’.
2) Click the option on the left that says ‘Join a Team’.
3) Use the search bar provided to lookup the Team Name you’re joining.
4) Click ‘Search’, and when your team comes up, click ‘SELECT’.
5) The window that appears will require you to sign in. If you already have a profile with Crowdrise, you can login directly. Otherwise, click the link at the bottom of the window that says ‘Sign Up’ to create a profile. To create a profile, you only need to provide a first name, last name, valid e-mail address with a password.
*Note: we’re finding the option to ‘Log in with Facebook’ to be a bit glitchy. It might work for you, though, so please feel free to try it that way if you prefer.
6) Last Step! Round out your profile with images and descriptions. Have fun with it!
Please let us know if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com, as we would love to see you all participate in this AMAZING event!