RoughFit Kids School PE
Organized by: RoughFit Kids
Physical Education in our schools has taken a hit due to budget cuts. This has been detrimental to the health and fitness of today's youth. According to the Center for Disease Control, childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.
Therefore, we are working alongside schools to develop a program that will revitalize physical education in our local Elementary schools and set the next generation up for a healthier life, and we invite you to be a part of this movement!
Our goal is not only to provide regular physical activity for the students, but to see the students educated on what it means to live a healthy lifestyle, and have fun doing it. By educating students on beneficial foods and proper technique to develop proper motor skill development; we want to create an environment that is fun yet educational.
We are seeking $20,000 to be able to provide weekly instruction with a qualified, certified instructor, a full PE Curriculum plan for the entire school year, establish a system of health and fitness metrics, implement an incentive and rewards program to encourage healthy choices and habits, and provide the students with state of the art equipment and resources.
How Do We Accomplish This?
- RF Kids uses creativity and varied exercises and games to make fitness fun and enjoyable.
- We use supportive teamwork interactions to increase camaraderie and self-esteem and eliminate any student getting singled out.
- We emphasize learning proper form, developing core strength and neuromuscular coordination, and creating a strong foundation of fitness that can be applied to all physical activities in life and athletic pursuits.
- We incorporate nutrition and general health lessons into each exercise routine to promote a well rounded view of health as a lifestyle.
- Throughout all interactions with the students, attention will be given to explain why we do what we do and teach what we teach.
- There is no “because I said so” explanation, or rote memorization of what it means to be healthy. Because our goal is for kids to understand why it is important and begin to make the decisions for themselves.
What we will do:
- Make health and fitness fun and enjoyable.
- Allow students to experience health as a lifestyle. Improve cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Decrease the number of overweight and obese students.
- Empower teachers to be leaders in the students’ health and fitness.
- Teach basics of healthy eating. Improve eating habits.
- Build Self-Esteem.
- Encourage healthy body image.
- Teach teamwork and camaraderie.
- Build core strength.
- Build neuromuscular control Build a strong athletic foundation.
- Build proper movement mechanics and exercise form.
- Develop a pattern of healthy lifestyles.
- Build and understanding of the importance of health.
- Prepare kids for participation in any sports, or any other activities
Rough-Fit is a Tustin-based outdoor fitness company that has been serving Orange County for more than twelve years.
Our qualified and passionate RoughFit Kids team has 20+ years of experience designing and implementing fitness programs for both adults and youth through coaching at both high school and collegiate levels, elementary after school programs, RoughFit Kids summer programs and our RoughFit adult fitness programs.
Our team has a strong foundation of health and fitness education as well, including Certifications as Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise Specialist, Performance Enhancement Specialist, Fitness Nutrition Specialist, and Early Childhood Development. In addition, each member of our team has a collegiate degree including Kinesiology and a Masters in Exercise Science and Health Promotion.
Will you join us in fighting the childhood obesity epidemic by partnering with us in providing physical education of the highest quality in schools?