Lauren Lofberg via Crowdrise
August 01, 2012
BENEFITING: The Feed Foundation
EVENT DATE: Sep 23, 2012
At first I was running to race... Now, Im running with a purpose. We can make a difference!
Food for thought...
Did you know?
1) Hunger and malnutrition kill more people every year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
2) Every five seconds a child dies because he or she was hungry.
3) There are more than 800 million people around the world who know what it is like to go to bed hungry.
4) The world produces enough food to feed everyone but still these 800 million remain chronically hungry.
5) Almost 10 million people are killed around the world each year by hunger and malnutrition. That is more than the total number of people who died in World War I.
Women's Health & The Feed Foundation wrote -
We need to raise a quarter of a million dollars to provide 1,000,000 meals to help fight hunger in America. And, we need your help to make it happen!
Visit www.Run10Feed10.com and register to participate. Then come back here and start fundraising! All of the money raised will benefit the FEED Foundation.
About the FEED Foundation:
The FEED Foundation is truly dedicated to ending world hunger- one child at a time. Since our organization was co-founded by Lauren Bush Lauren in 2007, the FEED Foundation and its partner, FEED Projects, have provided over 60 million nutritious school meals- and with your help, we can provide millions more. The FEED Foundation partners with organizations such as the United Nations World Food Programme, UNICEF, DonorsChoose.org and local food banks to fight hunger and eliminate malnutrition by providing school meals, nutritional supplements and education.