Skip to content
thomasptashnik's profile image - click for profile

Thomas Ptashnik's Fundraiser:

Running For A Cause

Thomas' Photo
Thomas Ptashnik

THE STORY:

As sophomores in college at the University of Georgia my buddy(Thatcher Smith) and I decided to try and do something most college students don't do... run 26.2 miles. A lot of people would label you as crazy for putting yourself through multiple hours of running but we look at it as one more thing to cross off the bucket list. While training for this marathon we have set the goal of raising $2,000 dollars to donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Leukemia is a form of cancer that hits not too far from home. In January 2010 my uncle was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, commonly referred to as CLL. The good news about this cancer is that 90% of patients have a form of the cancer that can be controlled, the bad news for my uncle was that he was part of the other 10%. He was told that his condition had an extremely high mortality rate and his chances of living did not look good. Unwilling to give up my uncle opted for a risky bone marrow transplant. On July 7, 2011 he had a bone marrow transplant but the transplant was not a perfect match. The result was further complications and the development of Graft- Versus- Host- Disease which proceeded to attack his liver, skin, and eyes. Today, my uncle still continues to battle complications from Graft- Versus- Host- Disease but has been able to almost fully regain his health. My thinking is that if my uncle can spend 7 months in a hospital, beat leukemia, and fight a disease I should have no problem running for a couple hours. Please donate and help support the cause

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$1,680

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Nancy Ptashnik

    $100

  • Dee Rose

    $50

  • michelle kuse

    $25

  • Walt & Sandy Ptashnik

    $100

  • The Major Family

    $25

  • Bruce + Debie Robinson

    $50

  • Dave and Sherry Winkler

    $25

  • Individual Commercial Brokerage

    $25

  • Kristy Dreyer

    $50

  • Carol Barrett

    $50

  • Keith and Ronnie Matthews

    $50

  • jim savage

    $100

  • Larry and Janet Joiner

    $100

  • Jo Ellen and Alan Kamen

    $50

  • Dick Siegrist

    $100

  • Doug & Martha Martin

    $50

  • Henry Pecic

    $20

  • Auntie Christine

    $50

  • Anonymous

    $100

  • James Smith

    $25

  • Hagle Family

    $25

  • Jack & Linda Larsen

    $50

  • Angela & Charlie Nunziata

    $25

  • The Johnson's

    $25

  • The Downs Family

    $50

  • EJ and Ann Paul

    $75

  • Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Dick

    $25

  • Lisa and Kenny Smyth

    $50

  • Chris and Kippy Gross

    $50

  • Anonymous

    $110

  • Jose and Laura Quiza

    $50

  •  
  •  
  •  
 

84% Raised of $2,000 Goal

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $1,680 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

Thomas Ptashnik

Amount Raised

$1,380

 

69% Raised of $2,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Thatcher Smith

Amount Raised

$300

Fundraiser Title

Richard Siegrist

Amount Raised

$0

Donor Comments

Jose and Laura Quiza

Jose and Laura Quiza

DONATION: $50

3 years ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

DONATION: $110

3 years ago

Chris and Kippy Gross

Chris and Kippy Gross

DONATION: $50

In honor of our two very dear friends, Walt and Sandy Ptashnik. 3 years ago

Lisa and Kenny Smyth

Lisa and Kenny Smyth

DONATION: $50

4 years ago

Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Dick

Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Dick

DONATION: $25

4 years ago

EJ and Ann Paul

EJ and Ann Paul

DONATION: $75

4 years ago

The Downs Family

The Downs Family

DONATION: $50

What an awesome tribute! Good luck with training for that 26.2! 4 years ago

The Johnson's

The Johnson's

DONATION: $25

4 years ago

Angela & Charlie Nunziata

Angela & Charlie Nunziata

DONATION: $25

4 years ago

Jack & Linda Larsen

Jack & Linda Larsen

DONATION: $50

4 years ago