BENEFITING: HOPE CENTER INC
EVENT DATE: Apr 19, 2014
"Tonight, there will be 800 to 1,200 veterans sleeping on the streets of the Commonwealth." ~ KY Dept. of Veterans Affairs
I am running the 2014 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon on April 19th asking YOU! to donate for a good cause: all $$ raised will go to The Hope Center's Veterans Program in Lexington, KY.
The Hope Center in Lexington provides 30 beds to homeless male veterans who need help in the areas of recovery, employment, and mental health. The new facility is beautifully designed and a great asset to the community.
This program also allows homeless veterans who participate in the Recovery Program, the Employment Program, and the Mental Health Program, to live at the Hope Center at no cost to them while they are getting their lives back on track.
The Veterans Coordinator also assists veterans with obtaining copies of their DD214s, and with determining what benefits they may be eligible for through the Department of Veteran's Affairs, to include health care, education, etc.
* 88 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to client services.
- provides a hot meal for 58 homeless men
- provides 4.8 days of shelter for one homeless man with mental health issues
- provides 33 days of health clinic supplies for the homeless men at the Emergency Shelter
- provides four months of supplies for the HopeMobile
- pays for 48 days of recovery program costs for a homeless man or woman
- provides food for two weeks for the homeless men at the Emergency Shelter