Baltimore Running Festival
July 26, 2017
Claire Marie Foundation wrote -
Thank you for running on behalf of the Claire Marie Foundation in the 16th Baltimore Running Festival on October 21, 2017!
The Claire Marie Foundation was established in 2014 following the death of Claire Marie Wagonhurst, a sparkling 17 year old who lost a long battle with adolescent melanoma as a result of changes her body went through during puberty.
The Baltimore Running Festival is considered one of the best races on the East Coast and we are so proud to be a part of this great Maryland tradition. Funds raised will support our mission to raise awareness, clarity and hope in the fight against adolescent and young adult melanoma through prevention, education, and awareness programs.
Please email us at email@example.com. We will send you a one-time use code that you can use to register free of charge for the Baltimore Running Festival. We'll also send you instructions and helpful tips on how to set up your own fundraising campaign!
PARTICIPATION IN RUNNING WITH CLAIRE MARIE
To participate, each runner must raise the following minimum amount by October 5th, 2017.
◦ Kids Fun Run: $100.00
◦ 5k - $250.00
◦ Half Marathon - $350.00
◦ Marathon - $500.00
◦ Relay Team - $250.00 per runner / or $1,000.00 per team (heads-up: this event fills quickly!)
Inspired to raise more than the minimum dollars? Yes please! We’d love it!
Each participant will receive a Claire Marie Foundation Team shirt, entry into a pre-event team pasta dinner, and a chance at the following prizes:
◦ For the top Individual fundraiser (5k, Half Marathon or Full Marathon) - $1,000 travel voucher on Southwest Airlines.
◦ For the top Relay Team Fundraiser - $2,000 travel voucher on Southwest Airlines.
RULES OF THE RACE
◦ Marathon: At least 16 years old
◦ Half-Marathon: At least 14 years old
◦ Team Relay: At least 14 years old
◦ 5K: No age restrictions
◦ Kids Fun Run: 12 and under
◦ Strollers, skates, pets, or handheld devices like radios or CD players are NOT permitted on the course at any time.
◦ Headphones (attached to iPods, MP3 or other musical devices) are permitted though we encourage headphone-free running for the safety of all participants. If you are competing for awards, you may not use headphones of any kind. If you do choose to wear headphones, we ask that you keep your volume to a minimum so as to clearly hear verbal instructions from race officials.
◦ Race numbers and chips required for all races (no chips for Kids Fun Run).
◦ The decisions of the Baltimore Marathon race director are final in all matters
◦ Marathon participants must complete the course in seven hours.
◦ Half-Marathon participants must complete the course in five hours.
◦ We will not accept registrations on the day of the race.
◦ Race registration must be received by October 5th at 11:59pm.
The Claire Marie Foundation is fiscally sponsored by Strong City Baltimore (who is part of our fundraising team here on CrowdRise) and donations made to benefit the Claire Marie Foundation are tax deductible under Strong City's 501(c)(3) status. All donations made to benefit the foundation are tax deductible. The federal ID number for Strong City Baltimore is 52-0897806.