Geoff Hagerman via Crowdrise
November 18, 2012
BENEFITING: American Red Cross
EVENT DATE: Nov 18, 2012
Even though the marathon was (rightly) cancelled, there is still a tremendous need. I have spent the last several days in Staten Island and today we ran supplies through the Rockaways to Borad Channel. The devastation is shocking, and your donation is badly needed. I will be running the Brooklyn Marathon on November 18 with the same goal of raising funds for hurricane releif. So I'm asking everyone to donate $1 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for every minute under four hours that they predict my Brooklyn Marathon time to be.
I have run two previous marathons: Nashville in April 2010 with a time of 3:11 and New Hampshire in October 2010 with a time of 3:33. My goal for NYC is 3:20.
- The first person to donate for each time will claim that spot in the pool.
- Crowdrise will only allow donations in whole dollar increments so make the donation for the number of minutes and then put the number of seconds (in 15sec increments) in the comments for your donation.
- Example: If you think I will run a 3:23:30 you would donate $37 and put 3:23:30 in the comments.
- To see which times have been claimed scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the 'Donors' section where you can see who has picked each time. If you don't see anyone listed, click on my picture in the 'The Team' section, and it will show up, it's a glitch with the site.
- After the race whoever donates for the correct time or is the closest without going over (time wise) will win a gift card to the store of their choice in the amount of their donation.
I took the photos to the left while cleaning out a house in Staten Island, they are just a small sample of the devastation