Runwell: The Linda Quirk Foundation via Crowdrise
April 20, 2012
BENEFITING: Runwell: The Linda Quirk Foundation
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
Join Team Runwell at the 2012 New York City Marathon and help us raise more money than ever before.
Click the big DONATE button or go one step further and help us fundraise by clicking the JOIN THE TEAM button to the right. You'll get your own fundraising page to share with all your family and friends.
Team Runwell is raising funds and awareness in support of addiction treatment, recovery, and the importance of living a healthy lifestyle throughout this challenging journey. A program of Runwell: The Linda Quirk Foundation, this team unites people from around the globe who are dedicated to this cause to participate in ultra marathon events and road races, including the 2012 ING NYC Marathon.
Addiction affects too many individuals and their families. This is why we need your support:
- Substance abuse affects an estimated 25 million Americans. In terms of people who are affected indirectly such as families of abusers and those injured or killed by intoxicated drivers, an additional 40 million people are affected.
- In 2010, 23.1 million persons aged 12 or older needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol use problem. Of these, 2.6 million received treatment at a specialty facility.
Runwell empowers those affected by addiction to obtain treatment and engages entire families on the road to recovery. By encouraging anyone involved with addictions, from chemical dependents to their friends and families, to get involved in sports, those in treatment and their support bases, have a greater chance of staying committed to recovery. Addiction is seldom won alone.
Please consider supporting Runwell. As a result of your generosity, we will:
- Empower those affected by addiction to obtain treatment
- Provide professional development scholarships to educate addiction treatment leaders in under resourced communities throughout the world
- Award grants to qualified treatment centers to support existing scholarship programs, increasing its accessibility to all
Together we will give the gift of recovery and wellness.
Thank you for your support!
To learn more, please go to http://runwell.com.