SASTEMIC wrote -
Youth Code Jam is a series of events (many free) for students 7 - 17 designed to make coding fun, sociable and accessible.
But more than that – we encourage parents to sit side by side with their children, elbow deep in shared digital activities. In this way, families develop stronger ties and improve communication between parent and child as they engage together in learning new skills. All while building the pipeline of talent for our future workforce.
Our events include our
- flagship Youth Code Jam, San Antonio's largest youth coding event
- low sensory mini Youth Code Jam for teens with autism/Asperger's
- three-day summer intensive
- assistance to teachers (4th-8th) in setting up youth coding clubs
- assistance to high schools in setting up their own youth code jams
To sign up to attend or volunteer, visit http://www.youthcodejam.org and sign up for our mailing list.
We are an official partner of the City of San Antonio's SA2020 Initiative, and everu dollar raised helps get another student and his or her parent inspired about coding and the possiblities that exist when you move beyond consuming online to creating online.