Sarah Jean's Community Art Boost
Organized by: Sarah Jean Anderson
August 23, 2016
I'm Sarah Jean, and I'm an artist & community activist, living and working in Grand Rapids, MI. Hi guys! I'm all about using art & art education to empower kids and communities, and I'm in love with what I do for a living. I'm an artist by trade, and am able to live off of my work. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to do this. It makes me a happier person, as well as a more productive member of my community, because doing what I love empowers me, makes me feel like anything is possible. If I can pay my crazy water bill by selling a painting of a cat under a disco ball, then what else can I do!?!? Help me raise funds to give these efforts an extra boost by providing new supplies, merchandise and marketing materials, as well as membership dues and entry fees.
Like what? Well, here's a little list!
1. Art supplies and advertising for Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School Grand Rapids
2. Funds for a youth comedy workshop at the CYC
3. Girls Rock Grand Rapids - camp scrapbook project
4. Membership to the Community Media Center and other area arts collectives & associations
5. New paintbrushes & paint! (I never, ever buy paintbrushes. I use them until they are just a single hair wrapped around a stick. I think maybe I should actually get some paintbrushes.)
It totally doesn't take much to make a huge awesome difference. And it's even better when we all help each other out.
I want to be able to be better at making things better. That's what this is all about.
❤️ Thank you for reading this! You're a wonderful human being.
Xoxo, Sarah Jean Anderson