Postpartum Progress’ Climb Out of the Darkness® is the world’s largest event raising awareness of maternal mental illnesses like postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, and pregnancy depression and anxiety.
The event features mothers and others across the globe joining together to climb mountains and hike trails to represent their symbolic rise out of the darkness and into the light of hope and recovery.
Help us shine the light of hope with our words and our advocacy efforts so that mothers will receive better information and better treatment, and their new families will get off to the healthy start they deserve.
Funds raised provide:
- Free educational materials distributed upon request to obstetrician, therapy, psychiatry, support groups and pediatrician offices upon request
- The development of tools like the New Mom Checklist for Maternal Mental Health.
- Programs like the award-winning PostpartumProgress.org blog, which had more than 2.6 million pageviews in 2015, and our private support forum for struggling moms, which supports more than 3,000 mothers around the world
- Our annual Warrior Mom Conference which prepares survivors of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders to become peer advocates for struggling moms in their own communities and raise awareness
- Advocacy for better support, less stigma and increased services for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders