BENEFITING: Impact Network
Scientists For Legalization (SFL) is the first organization of scientists and clinical researchers advocating for cannabis policy reform in the United States.
We will publically announce our declaration of principles in October 2016. Our principles include:
• We believe cannabis and all natural cannabinoids should be removed from the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
• We believe no patient should be denied access to medical cannabis treatment while cannabis research is being conducted.
• We believe there should be no legal or social risks to participating in cannabis research.
• We believe cannabis research should be funded by federal and state government.
• We believe scientific research on cannabis should be objective, broad-focused, and include whole-plant medicine that is locally sourced from legal local providers, not the federal government.
Our goal is to increase private and government funding of cannabinoid medicine research, as well as the diversity of research studies in the United States. Currently most cannabinoid medicine research in the United States is on the harmful effects of cannabis, or the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on epilepsy. Cannabis is possibly beneficial for almost 100 conditions, and integrating cannabis into mainstream healthcare will take massive education, policy reform and research efforts.
We will measure the effectiveness of SFL by tracking four metrics: number of cannabinoid medicine researchers in the United States, total funding of cannabinoid medicine research, number of positive mentions in the media about clinical cannabis researchers, and number of states that have medical cannabis research bills introduced or passed. We hope to increase all metrics by 25% in a year.
Donors: We are funded by individual donors like you and grants from nonprofit organizations.
Scientists For Legalization is a project under IMPACT. IMPACT's mission is to Improve Marijuana Policy and Accelerate Cannabinoid Therapeutics. We are a 501c3 nonprofit located in Denver, CO serving the nationwide cannabis patient community.