SPACE ON THE FARM wrote -
SPACE on Ryder Farm is an artist residency program housed on a working organic farm in Brewster, NY. SPACE on Ryder Farm creates an environment singular in its ability to invigorate artists and innovators and their work, and contributes to the sustainability and resourceful preservation of one of the oldest family-run organic farms on the East Coast.
In five seasons, with the help of an army of inspired supporters, volunteers and friends SPACE on Ryder Farm has become a place where artists and activists come to do their most important work. SPACE has hosted over 650 residents, held symposia on the intersection of creativity and activism, piloted a program to provide childcare for resident artists, developed initiatives that integrate SPACE’s programming and the organic farming operation and nurtured 40 young professionals through our intern program.
Every season at SPACE sees the creation of new and ambitious programming and capital projects. This year is no different. Our sixth season goals include:
- Extending the season to include year-round programming.
- Creating a film lab as well as initiating more opportunities for residents working in the visual arts and music.
- Continuing to build upon our Creative Solutions Symposium which supports those working in social justice.
- Building creative spaces around the 130 acre property that allow residents more options for places to work and create.
- Continuing the restoration of Ryder Farm’s historic structures.
- Offering more fully subsidized residency opportunities with the eventual aim to make all residencies fully subsidized by our 2017 season.
Ambitious programming goals necessitate ambitious fundraising. This year, we are determined to raise $36,000 in 36 days.. With your help, we know we’ll hit it. We hope you will support us on this very exciting journey!
SPACE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. All donations are fully tax-deductible. Visit www.spaceonryderfarm.org for more information.