EVENT DATE: Jul 03, 2016
As the largest annual fundraiser of the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory, Seek the Peak welcomes hikers of all ages and abilities to Mount Washington and its neighboring peaks and places of interest in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We invite you to participate and to Seek YOUR Peak... While many hikers will choose the challenge of summiting Mount Washington, others will opt for alternative mountain treks, or may even prefer a short "nature hike." Some may just want to support the Observatory as "virtual hikers," or simply join for the weekend festivities.
Of course, all are welcome. Ultimately the weekend is an incredible gathering of like-minded outdoor enthusiasts who have come together to Seek their Peaks in support of Mount Washington Observatory.
In addition to getting outside and exploring White Mountain trails, the weekend includes:
- Kick-Off Party and Registration at the Weather Discovery Center
- Observatory Weather Station tours on the summit of Mount Washington
- An Expo featuring premier sponsors Eastern Mountain Sports and Vasque along with several other vendors showcasing and giving away product samples
- The famous After Party including a massive gear giveaway, dinner and live entertainment
- All while supporting the non-profit Mount Washington Observatory with pledges which in turn will earn you prizes!
Registrants are asked to raise a minimum of $200 as part of their participation; in turn they are awarded with fabulous prizes and more! Be one of the first 500 to raise $200 and earn a Seek the Peak Eastern Mountain Sports backpack and exclusive Techwick Seek the Peak T-shirt.
Since Seek the Peak was established in 2001, this great event has raised over $1.6 million for the nonprofit Observatory, helping it maintain its famous weather station on the summit of Mount Washington and continue its important work collecting weather data, performing research, and educating the public about the science of climate and weather.
Grab your pack and join us: Mount Washington is calling!
- See more at: http://seekthepeak.org/#sthash.SsvoKZhd.dpuf