BENEFITING: CHICAGO YOUTH SHAKESPEARE
ORGANIZER: CHICAGO YOUTH SHAKESPEARE
EVENT: Battle of the Bard
EVENT DATE: Nov 14, 2016
Welcome to SELAH's team page for Battle of the Bard 2015! By sponsoring our team in this event, you are helping us raise funds for arts programming and resources at our school.
SELAH has been providing classical training theater, reading, writing, public speaking, art and music to the homeschool community since 2011. SELAH currently has five performance groups: Spotlight Performers, Footlight Performers, Torchlight Players, Hollow Strings and the Shakespeare Spielers.
SELAH is a not-for-profit organization so your gift will essentially help us “keep the lights on” as it is our goal to offer an affordable venue for each performance group while still meeting our obligations to our rental facility and obtaining materials needed to provide and excellent learning experience.
This fundraiser is being supported by the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre and Chicago Youth Shakespeare; two institutions that support SELAH’s unique performance-based education that brings the pages of history and literature to life while encouraging greater literacy and effective language skills.
Here's how it works:
- Participating schools get awesome folks like you to sponsor their team in Battle of the Bard.
- Chicago Youth Shakespeare (CYS) collects the funds raised by each school team, but they don’t keep any of the money.
- After the campaign ends on May 5, CYS sends a check back to each school team's fundraiser for the FULL AMOUNT they collected.
- The team from SELAH will use the sponsorship dollars we raise to provide resources for arts programming at our school.
Other cool stuff you should know:
- CYS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Teams collect the funds they've raised whether they’ve reached their goal (which would be amazing), or not (which would still be awesome).
- The highest scoring team at the BOTB Finals on May 5 will win $1,000 to add to their school fundraising goal, so show your support by sponsoring our team!
Quickest heads up: all donations made online will automatically have processing fees taken out of them–at no extra cost to you. Donating through this website is simple, fast, and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support our team's fundraising efforts.
Thank you for supporting the team from Southside Enrichment for Language Arts and History in Battle of the Bard 2015, and please don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!
- The Team at SELAH, Shakespeare Spielers
About Battle of the Bard 2015
Battle of the Bard (BOTB) is a slam-style Shakespeare showcase created for student teams from public, private and parochial high schools throughout Chicago and the metropolitan area. Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Chicago Youth Shakespeare are committed to teaching and learning Shakespeare through active engagement and through performance. As an area–wide series of events, Battle of the Bard is designed to build community across geographic, demographic and cultural boundaries through performance, team spirit and friendly competition.
All thirty Battle of the Bard high school teams will participate in one of two Preliminary Bouts with a total of fifteen teams at each. The top five school teams from each Preliminary Bout (ten teams total), will move on to the Battle of the Bard Finals, taking place on the main stage at Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier.
Saturday April 11, 2015
Niles North High School (Skokie)
Saturday April 18, 2015
Benito Juarez Community Academy (Chicago's Pilsen community)
Battle of the Bard Finals
Tuesday May 5, 2015
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier