Here am I. Send me.
Organized by: Chandra Adams
I've been volunteering my entire life. OK, maybe you can't count those early years when I simply was one of a team of six helping to support a family business. But I can credit those early years for instilling a strong work ethic and an appreciation for helping others.
After 24 years of volunteering in schools, churches, hospitals, prisons, and other non-profits, I have learned much, coached many, and served thousands.
In 2010 Called2Change (C2C) was established as a means of providing teams of volunteers and services to prisons on a more formal basis. Each year we have experienced incremental growth. It has only been by the favor and grace of God that we continuously see doors open as a direct result to our readiness.
Our mission has not wavered, but it has expanded to include families and communities worldwide that have been impacted by incarceration.
Between action and maintenance, a life in flux needs support to assure success. Our new programs and initiatives are designed to:
- lead transformation
- facilitate family restoration
- encourage & support community healing, and
- equip those making a difference behind bars
As we enter the "doorway" to the last quarter of 2016, we have come to realize that we can no longer do this mission as a small Team, but instead need your help to expand.
Will you ... send Chandra and the C2C Team to visit the orphans, widows, incarcerated, and sick on your behalf?
The expansion of C2C includesthe following programs, each having its own equipment and resource material needs.
Reading 2Children 4Change - Our parenting and literacy program behind bars
Needs: video equipment; lighting & backdrop; external harddrive; DVDs; story books, & shipping
Captivating in Mexico - A 3-Day Experience for wives who have been abandoned through their spouses’ incarceration
Needs: participants’ books, journals, resource materials; hosted meal for participants; travel & lodging for 5-7 volunteers
Clothes 4Change - Our reentry initiative to support women returning to community
Needs: retail & gas gift cards; new foundation & clothing items; storage space
Missions 4Equipping - Supporting prison ministries & volunteers through short-term international mission trips
Needs: sponsorship; distribution items (reading glasses; personal hygiene& feminine products; basic medical supplies)
- Cuba - Nov. 11-21, 2016 - Join a half a dozen experienced international missions facilitators and leaders as a speaker during the 3-day conference for 500 pastors and a 3-day conference for over 1,000 prison volunteers. (Raised: $2,500; Need: $500 for flight to Miami & related expenses)
- East & West Africa* - Jan. 27- Feb. 11, 2017 - Meet with government officials, community leaders and ministry volunteers to plan the 2018 Lagos, Kenya, and Ghana Regional 3-day Conferences. (Raised: $386; Need: $4,614)
- Honduras - June 9-19, 2017 - Travel with a team across Honduras entering a different prison each day to bring resources and hope to those who lack for basic provisions and the means to obtain them. (Raised: 0; Need: $2,500)
*In Africa, children under the age of 4 are kept with their mothers in prison. However, the children's food and care is the responsibility of their incarcerated mother. i.e. a single meal provided is shared between the parent and their child(ren).
Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Chandra Adams & the C2C Team
C2C is a missions minded non-profit organization leading life transformation, facilitating family restoration and supporting community healing. C2C is a member of the Full Gospel Fellowship. All donations are tax deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt. Visit www.calledtochange.org to learn more about the work.