Sarah Page via Crowdrise
March 03, 2012
BENEFITING: HOOLA FOR HAPPINESS INC
HOURS PLEDGED: 40
On February 25th, I will be turning the ripe old age of 23 and have a very special wish for my birthday this year. On March 7th, I would like to travel with close friend, Carissa Caricato, founder of Hoola for Happiness, to Haiti for a two-week, soul-searching, business-planning, hula-hooping adventure!
- Soul-searching: As a new adult and quarter-lifer, I have been seeking purpose in my life and my works. Haiti will provide inspiration for my artwork and photography, plus the opportunity to witness God first-hand.
- Business Planning: With my recent "career-shift" I've been doing freelance graphic design work for multiple clients including Hoola for Happiness. I will also be partnering with Carissa to market Hoola for Life, the for-profit business that produces 5-color gospel hoops to sell to churches for mission trip purposes. In addition to all of that, I plan to pursue a Master's in Design for Sustainability at SCAD. On this trip, I will be conducting research for my portfolio as well as studying sustainability projects that are already in place in Haiti.
- Hula-Hooping!!: During the whole trip, we will be carrying hula hoops to orphanages to spread joy to children around the world!
- $600- International Travel expenses
- $600- Food, shelter, water, transportation + spreading joy via hula-hoops to children in Haiti
All donations will benefit Hoola for Happiness, a Tampa-based non-profit that spreads joy and the love of God to the world, one hoop at a time, one child at a time. (Carissa said I could work with her if I find someone to pay me) :)