From March 20-29th I will be accompanying a group of medical professionals to Bangui in the Central African Republic. As I don't have any medical training, I will be providing my photography skills to document the group’s missionary efforts in providing direly needed medical care and medicine to the people of Bangui - many of who travel on foot for days at a time to receive our free medical care. In addition to acting as "official documenter" I will pitch in wherever I can when it comes to organizing supplies, filling medicine bottles, procedure prep, etc. The mission is driven by the non-profit organization African Christian Fellowship (Los Angeles Chapter): a global organization with chapters in the U.S. and Africa with a heart to give back to people on the continent of Africa. During the last missionary trip in 2010 over 2000 received medical care.
This year we desire to increase that reach to 3000 men, women, and children.
While I am blessed and excited to have the opportunity to give my talents and resources to those in need in order to attend the trip, each volunteer needs to raise $3,000 by March 1st. The $3000 will go towards my airline ticket, food, and lodging.
Whether you decide to support with prayers, shares, or funds your support is very much appreciated.
Donations received will go through the non-profit listed above so donators will receive the appropriate tax documentation at the end of the year.
As a small token of my appreciation donators will receive...
- For $10 or more: e-mailed photo of me with a treated patient
- For $25 or more: postcard with photo of me with a treated patient
- For $50 or more: framed photo of me with a treated patient and PDF version of photobook
- For $100 or more: personalized paperback photobook and electronic access to edited photos
- For $200 or more: personalized hardcover photobook, electronic access to edited photos, and your choice of homemade Khalua Cake, Persimmon Bread, or Banana Blueberry bread (for those within the Los Angeles/Orange County area).
- For $300 or more: deluxe personalized photobook, electronic access to edited photos, your choice of homemade Khalua Cake, Persimmon Bread, or Banana Blueberry bread (for those within the Los Angeles/Orange County area).
View photos from the last Bangui, CAR Medical Mission Trip HERE