Donate at least $50 and receive 10% off Senhoa jewelry!
December 08, 2016
Senhoa Foundation wrote -
Happy December!! We are days away from Kenan-Flager’s Annual Women in Leadership Conference!
This year, we are excited to announce a special initiative to support the Senhoa Foundation, a non-profit in Cambodia combating human trafficking through innovative programs for vulnerable women and children.
Their children's program, the Lotus Kids' Club, aims to prevent trafficking by offering classes to children and keeping them off the streets while also teaching families and communities the importance of education as a way out of poverty. Senhoa’s Jewelry Program is a social enterprise that provides survivors of trafficking with safe employment as trained artisans in jewelry-making, fair wages, supportive re-integration, and access to the global marketplace.
Let’s give back as a community and support this important initiative to end human trafficking and change lives.
THE CHALLENGE As future business leaders, we all know the importance of a setting a goal. Our goal is to raise $15,000 for Senhoa by December 31, 2016. While this optimistic goal may be a small stretch, I’m confident in our ability to reach and even surpass it. The result will be extremely impactful for Senhoa. And I know we like to rise to the challenge! Please feel free to participate at whatever level you feel comfortable.
Some examples of how your donation will impact the women and children at Senhoa include:
• $25 will provide a backpack & study supplies for a pre-school child for a year
• $30 will provide hygiene supplies for 20 children (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.)
• $35 will train one girl in basic jewelry-making techniques and equip her with her own set of jewelry-making tools.
• $40 will provide a bicycle to transport a child to and from school
• $50 will provide nutritious breakfasts and lunches for a child for 3 months
• $60 will cover vaccinations and dental check for a new student so they can enroll in school
• $65 will provide a young woman with a full medical examination that includes chest x-rays, blood tests and STIs tests.
• $130 will provide rice and food supplements for a family of 4 for 1 year
More information about Senhoa and its programs can be found here: http://www.senhoa.org. One-hundred percent of your donations will go to Senhoa’s programs, directly benefitting the children and women that they serve. Let’s rise to the challenge!!