BENEFITING: Saha Global
Hello! My name is Shannon Swiger, and I'm a recent graduate of MBA@UNC. This December I'll be traveling to Ghana with a team of volunteers through Saha Global to provide access to clean water and jobs for women entrepreneurs. I appreciate any help in making this trip possible! Your contributions will have a lasting impact on hundreds of people living in Northern Ghana.
- In Northern Ghana, nearly half of the population lacks access to clean drinking water.
- People are currently drinking fecally contaminated water, which can cause diarrheal disease.
- Diarrheal disease is the third most commonly reported illness and 25 percent of all deaths in children under the age of five are attributed to diarrhea.
Saha Global trains women in rural communities to solve their village’s need for clean water by providing business opportunities. All of the revenue from these businesses stays in the community and is managed by the women entrepreneurs. To date, Saha Global has launched 84 clean water businesses which serve 43,220. 100% of these businesses are still in operation today.
What I'm Doing and How You Can Help
I will be training community-appointed women to use alum and chlorine to treat the water they collect. Women entrepreneurs will sell the water for a nominal fee to their friends and neighbors. It's a WIN-WIN!
To make this possible, I need to raise $3,000. Funds raised will pay for the start-up cost of a village’s new business, including:
- Large drums that will hold the water during various stages of the process
- Alum and chlorine tablets
- A safe storage container for each household in the community to store the water.
To avoid administrative fees, consider donating offline by mailing a check. Please include my full name - Shannon Swiger - in the “Memo” portion of the check.
PO Box 225342
San Francisco, CA 94122-5342
Contact me at email@example.com.