A wonderful organization needs our support!
September 28, 2016
Shelter For Help In Emergency wrote -
"It has been a LONG and hard journey but I am starting to really see that seed of success was planted 1st at the SHE shelter.... Thank you for being there when I literally had no one else!" ~ Former Shelter Client
Since 1979, the Shelter for Help in Emergency has worked to support and empower victims of domestic violence through a combination of residential and community-based outreach services. Each year, we respond to nearly 1,000 hotline calls, provide close to 5,000 nights of safe shelter to more than 200 women and children in our emergency residential facility and assist many other victims of domestic violence through our outreach services.
While in our shelter, residents are offered a range of support services including counseling, case management, health screenings and legal advocacy. The children who stay in our residential facility also benefit from the services in our childrens’ program, including health assessments, immunizations and school physicals; mental health screenings; coordination with school officials; expedited enrollment; and, support group sessions. For clients who do not need our residential services we offer support through our Outreach Program through crisis intervention, counseling, case management, information and referrals and legal advocacy services, including court accompaniment. All services provided by the Shelter are free of charge and are designed to empower victims of abuse to become self-sufficient; to assist women and children to break the cycle of abuse; and to create a community that is more supportive of victims and holds abusers accountable for their actions.
Your donation will enable us to continue ensuring that victims of domestic violence will continue to have access to the full offering of programs and services the Shelter provides in our community! A gift from you would provide -
- $25 - a backpack and school supplies for a child starting a new year or moving schools.
- $75 - one night of safety, food and comfort to a mother and children in our shelter.
- $100 - support and advocacy to a victim attending a court hearing.
- $250 - one week of support and advocacy to help a child heal from abuse.
- $750 - one week of safe shelter to a family, including food, clothing and crisis counseling.
- $1,000 - one month of the Shelter’s 24-hour Crisis Hotline costs.
- $5,000 - teen dating violence prevention services to area middle and high schools.
Please help us continue the work of our mission to end domestic violence in our community. Your gift, however big or small, will have an impact and ensure that no one at risk is on this journey alone. Thank you!