Sheri Moe Recovery Fund
Organized by: Mitch Culbreath
If you're lucky, you have a friend who always, always makes you feel better. Your day becomes better when you see her. The conversations you have with her leave you feeling uplifted and right with the world. Somehow, that friend effortlessly pulls this off time and time again. She's genuine. She's real. She adds to your life. We have such a friend in Sheri Moe, and it is for this dear friend that we are asking for your help. Sheri prospers where work is creative and entrepreneurial. Those are smaller businesses where a paycheck is what you get and benefits are what you dream of. Without the Sheris of the world, small businesses just wouldn't succeed. However...when Sheri took a tumble down her staircase at home about 4 weeks ago, that paycheck stopped coming and her benefits didn't cover much. Sheri is physically banged up and what's going on in her head is a bit fuzzy, but the prognosis is good. She should have a full recovery but it's a fairly long road and she'll miss three months of work - three months where, even with her husband's income, money just can't stretch far enough to pay the bills. This is where we - all of us - come in. One of the best things about all the social media we're part of, like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, is that we're all part of those networks and those in our networks have networks. We're asking for your help, both to donate and to reach out to your networks to donate. We want to help Sheri Moe get back on her feet without worrying about the house payment or the insurance bill that's due and become that incredible lightness of friend that she is to us and to everyone she meets. Ten bucks? Think about how many times you've spent ten bucks on something and gotten little in return. More than ten bucks would be great! We're trying to raise $10,000 so Sheri and her family can worry about healing and getting back to work. Donate, if you can. Share, if you will. Thank you!!! Nancy Hanauer and Mitch Culbreath PS: By the way, of the money donated, 99% goes directly to Sheri's family. The other 1% is crowdrise.com's fee for hosting the fundraiser and distributing the funds.