Seonaid Holsgrove via Crowdrise
April 13, 2011
The Sick Kids Friends Foundation was set up in 1992 to support the work of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. The Hospital receives over 100,000 children through its doors each year from all over the East of Scotland.
They give assistance in five primary areas:
* the provision of a wide variety of extra comforts, which make time in hospital better for children
* the provision of extra child and family-friendly facilities
* the purchase of extra medical equipment over and above NHS provision
* the provision of extra support for sick children who are cared for in the Community
* funding for extra training and research
Sick Kids Friends Foundation is a registered Scottish Charity, SC020862.
Each year they raise around £1.5 million to help children and families at the hospital. All their work is funded through donations from the public, companies, Trusts and Foundations and organisations who wish to help us to make the Sick Kids even better.
Become a friend of Sick Kids and give as little as £3 per month (that's only 10p per day!) and help to underpin their ongoing work to help make the Sick Kids even better. With our kind support they are able to provide parents with a bed for the night so that they can be close to their sick child or they are able to provide pampering and relaxation sessions for children and their parents or they are able to provide Clown Doctor visits which provide distraction and laughter for our young patients.