Join us May 20, 2017 at Ritter Park for our Power Walk 5k Walk/Run as we come together once again to raise awareness for Dress for Success River Cities' health and wellness iniatives, as well as raise funds to provide women in our community the tools and resources they need to put their best foot forward and thrive at work and in life. Lace up your sneakers, come on your own, load up your girlfriends, or family, and join us as we celebrate 20 years of Dress for Success worldwide, and 10 years of serving women throughout the tri-state. If a 5k is not your cup of tea, make a donation to support a friend or family member who may be participating, join our "Rest for Success" team by making a donation and receive a fun sleep shirt, or just make a general donation. Everything (big and small) will help us reach our goal of $20,000 which will enable us to provide clothing, programs and resources to an additional 200 women this year. There is POWER in numbers and we want to show the women in our community that we are here to support their success!
The Power Walk for Dress for Success® is the only international 5k walk dedicated to empowering women on their quest for economic independence, through an active and healthy lifestyle. It serves as a “walking testament” to the need for success-driven women to become healthy in all aspects of their lives.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Walk or Run as an individual! Click "REGISTER" to view all of the categories.
- Create a team. Invite colleagues, friends & family to help fundraise for the event.
- Join a team. Join your friends & family to celebrate women's empowerment!
- Become a virtual walker. Won't be in town, or not big on walking or running? Join our "Rest for Success" team sponsored by Mattress Warehouse, to support the walk and join us in spirit! We will send you a sleep shirt for your donation!
- Sponsor. Contact us to find out how you can become a sponsor for this great event!
- Donate. The Power Walk for Dress for Success raises funds that allow us to foster our health and wellness initiatives along our continuum of services as we work to empower the women in our community! Your support will enable us to serve an additional 200 women this year!
DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION
Saturday, May, 20, 2017
7:00 AM Participant check-in and on-site registration opens
7:45 AM On-site registration closes
7:50 AM Opening ceremony and warm-up
8:00 AM 5k Run/Walk begins
11:00 AM Race concludes
The Power Walk is held at Ritter Park in Huntington, WV - Registration is held at the shelter