MY DREAM TO RAISE MONEY FOR CAUSES I CARE ABOUT WITHOUT ASKING FOR DONATIONS:
Some of the fundraising challenges I've faced when asking family and friends for donations is:
- money is tight (which is understandable during these tough economic times),
- they've experienced fundraising burnout because they've been asked by competing organizations for donations,
- they've been asked to buy products for a fundraiser, or
- they're raising money for charities they support.
This has led me to find a way they can help me raise money for charity without reaching into their pocket.
I plan to use FREE social shopping sites like:
- Bee Savy (see the video on my profile to learn how I'll raise money),
- Spree.com, and
to create a fundraising network to raise money for as many charities as possible on Crowdrise, WITHOUT ASKING FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR DONATIONS!
YOU READ THAT RIGHT! I'M GOING TO RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY WITHOUT ASKING FOR DONATIONS!
HOW WILL A FUNDRAISING NETWORK RAISE MONEY WITHOUT ASKING FOR DONATIONS?
These FREE social shopping sites provide useful tools like:
- product price comparison,
- listings of online deals and discounts offered by popular retailers,
- provide cash back offers to others save money at their favorite online stores to buy things they would have bought anyway.
These sites will offer me a referral cash back for helping others save money and I plan to "pass the savings forward" by donating a portion of my referral cash back to the Crowdrise fundraising projects started by my Crowdrise friends or myself. It's a WIN-WIN situation for everyone involved.
<<==== Watch the Bee Savy video for a better idea of how I hope to raise money.
- would like to save money when you shop online at hundreds of popular stores
- have family and friends that would like to help save money shopping online
- are looking for a new way to raise money for their favorite charities without causing fundraising burnout for your family and friends
FOUR THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I've been involved with raising money for my local American Cancer Society Relay For Life event since 2010.
- I have an online gift store, Gifts For One Gifts For All, that offers 2,000+ home, garden, and office decor gift items that also provides fundraising programs to help not-for-profits raise money.
- I'm a big kid at heart and still love to wake up in the morning and watch Saturday morning cartoons as I eat cereal.
- I'm a boxing, professional wrestling, Georgetown Hoyas basketball and Washington Redskins fan.
P.S. - My next big fundraiser will be to raise money to buy the Washington Redskins and restore them to the level of success they enjoyed during the Joe Gibb era when they won 3 Super Bowl Championships under his leadership.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Sim 100 Crowdrise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes.Or do what I do and vote strictly based on height. Come back and Vote every month. CIPs can be redeemed for Crowdrise Rewards and can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected Crowdrise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Sim this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Sim. Thanks to your vote, Sim earned 100 Crowdrise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can be redeemed for Crowdrise Rewards and can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected Crowdrise Royalty Status.