BENEFITING: Sustainable Cambodia, Inc.
Children in remote areas in Cambodia have practically no access to education and suffer from a significant lack of essential life necessities, two most important things in one’s life!
To help Sustainable Cambodia support these children, the future stars of Cambodia, I have decided to cycle 2000km from Singapore to Bangkok (Thailand), all happening in December 2014.
This trip is sponsored by myself and my main sponsor, AIMIA. Therefore, every penny of the donation you make will go directly to helping children and families in need in Pursat, Cambodia, not towards any other expenses.
The money raised will be used to help Sustainable Cambodia to:
1) Make families self-sufficient by providing essential support such as food, shelter, clean water, clothes and community employment. These families then do not have to use their children for work since an early age.
2) Build basic, village school camps, put these children through elementary education and provide them with essential support such as books, pens, teaching staff and basic libraries. These children are then able to successfully attend and complete school.
These two straightforward, yet challenging steps are the most important milestone towards enabling the future stars of Cambodia to reach the opportunities in life they fully deserve.
To show my commitment and get you motivated, I am making a donation of USD500, beat that!
Your donation can help with the following (USD):
- $100 - A yearly sponsorship of full preschool support for 5 children
- $150 - A yearly sponsorship of full primary or secondary school for one child
- $200 - Development of a family’s own biosand filter as a source of clean water
- $300 - A yearly sponsorship of full home & school support for one child
- $450 - A yearly Cambodian University scholarship for a graduate from the village schools
- $1,000 - Fishponds and gardens developed to improve nutrition and eliminate hunger
- $1,500 - Build a rainwater catchment system to benefit several village families
- $2,500 - Agricultural stock provided to families to start up economic development
- $5,000 - Water wells, biosand filters, agriculture materials and training provided to empower and transform an entire Cambodian village