BENEFITING: Susan G. Komen Orange County
EVENT DATE: May 04, 2014
Join Team Komen and help serve women, save lives and end breast cancer forever!
The Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen® is proud to be an official charity partner of the OC Marathon and Half Marathon. By joining Team Komen, YOU can make a difference—the power of one means one less woman having to hear the words, “you have breast cancer,” one more survivor, one less family heartbroken over the loss of their mother. Check our video to learn about the power of one and how your efforts make an impact.
Join TEAM Susan G. Komen Orange County in our mission to end breast cancer forever!
Why Fundraise for Komen Orange County?
Komen Orange County is committed to serving women and saving lives by providing mammography screening and breast cancer diagnostic assistance, breast health education, awareness and support programs to uninsured/underserved women in our community. With your fundraising, we are able to help women who would otherwise not have access to mammograms and breast health care.
75% of the funds raised stay in Orange County; 25% goes into Komen-funded breast cancer research.
Fundraising Appreciation Incentives
Your commitment to fundraise for Team Komen is very special to women struggling with breast cancer.
Raise $125, equivalent to the cost of a Komen-funded mammogram; Receive the Team Komen tech tee.
Raise $500, to provide a mammogram and biopsy; Receive the Team Komen tech tee, a Komen duffle bag and one free registration for the 2014 Komen Orange County Race for the Cure on Sunday, Sept. 28th including the VIP Breakfast.
Every single dollar raised makes a difference! (Komen does not receive any portion of your registration; only your fundraising benefits the organization.)
How to join Team Komen:
1. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a special discount code toward your marathon or half marathon registration. Comp codes are limited and are only valid until March 31st.
2. Visit ocmarathon.com and register for the half or full marathon. When registering, please select “Susan G. Komen Orange County” as your running club AND charity group in the drop down menu.
3. Once you complete your registration, come back to our Crowdrise page, click on “The Team,” in the upper left side of the page. Then click “Join the Team.” If you do not already have a Crowdrise account, please create one or sign in using the social media login function.
4. Customize your Crowdrise fundraising page.
5. Share your amazing running and fundraising goals with friends and family and ask for their support!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.