SleepOut for Shelter
EVENT DATE: May 11, 2013
The statistics are real...
Since 2009, we've seen a staggering 48% increase in people needing help. Just this last year, we saw a:
- 27% increase in homeless veterans
- 26% increase in transitional youth
- 20% increase in families requiring shelter
- 17% increase in women seeking assistance
Homelessness is growing, we need to act now. Your contributions help fund our program throughout the year.
There Are Two Ways to Get Involved
1. Sponsor a Participate or Donate---If a friend or family member is participating in SleepOut for Shelter pledge them. Or, if you don't know any one who is participating but want to support the cause make a donation to the event.
2. Register---You can register as an individual or team to sleepout. By registering you will be able to set-up your own fundraising page to collect donations from family, friends and colleagues. You can learn more about participating or register here.
Some Event Details
The event kicks off on Saturday, May 11 at 6:00 pm with a one hour rally at Living Waters Church (1808 Miller Road, Crystal Lake). There participants will enjoy live music, a bonfire, food and compete in the shelter building contest.
After the rally is over, most participants will sleep out on the church grounds in their cardboard box "homes" or in tents. The event ends at 7:00 am the following morning as participants pack up and head home while enjoying coffee and donuts.