In my time here at SMART, I've been privileged to observe intelligent, hard-working students as they work to suceed. I've watched a Senior excitedly hitting the submit button on a college application she prepared for months; I've listened to a sixth grader tell me he wants to be an Engineer after taking Science courses in SMART's summer enrichment program; and every day I see students and their families come to SMART to seek support from our staff and from each other, as they navigate the challenges of their academically rigorous schools and their own personal lives.
SMART provides educational access and social and emotional support to these highly motivated, financially-disadvantaged students in San Francisco, almost all of whom will be the first in their families to go to and graduate from college. Please consider giving a donation of any amount to SMART, so we can continue to support these wonderful students.
P.S. Check out the video to the left to meet some of our SMART Scholars!
SMART provides highly motivated, financially-disadvantaged students in San Francisco with access to educational opportunities, personal experiences and social support services in order to foster academic excellence and community engagement.
Only 8% of low-income students earn a college degree. SMART closes the achievement gap by providing these students with access to academically rigorous schools, and with intensive social, emotional and academic support from grades 5-12.
- $25 provides school supplies for 1 Scholar for a year.
- $50 provides food for 1 Scholar in our summer and after-school programs for a year.
- $75 provides 1 high school Senior an application to a UC college.
- $100 provides 1 high school student with access to professional tutoring services for a year.
- $250 provides 1 rising 5th or 6th grade Scholar with an academic 6-week summer program to support their transition into middle school.
- $500 provides 1 middle school Scholar with safe transportation from school to SMART twice a week for a year.
- $750 provides 1 high school student with an all-expense paid trip to visit northern and southern California colleges.
- $2,500 provides 1 Scholar and his or her family with placement support into middle school or high school, including individualized counseling, test prep, application fees, school tours, translation services and more.
- $5,000 provides 1 Scholar with all program components for a full year including after-school programming, specialized curriculum, individualized academic support, a family education series and more.
For every $1 you donate, SMART Scholars receive $6.50 worth of services and support!