BENEFITING: THON MET AFRICAN PEACE FOUNDATION INC
What do a cow, a notebook, and a bicycle have in common? All 3 can help bring smiles and self-sufficiency to refugee families of South Sudan.
The last 2 years, with your help, Nolan and I have raised almost $6,000 through our runs, enabling Thon Met to build 2 new homes and relocate 2 women and 3 children from the dangerous Takuma Refugee Camp, where food, medical care, and education are scarce, to the Thon Met Safe Village in Gambela, Ethiopia. This year, our goal is to raise enough money to send critical supplies to our Thon Met families, to encourage their health, education, and self-sufficiency.
To that end, we ask for your support of our Thanksgiving half-marathon run, by making a donation to sponsor the following:
- 2 cows, which the villagers use for milk that they consume and sell to other villages ($300/cow)
- 2 bicycles, which the villagers use to retrieve water from the river for consumption, sale, and agriculture ($220/bike)
- Notebooks, pens, chalk, and pencils for all of the Thon Met children to use in class ($160)
- Medical check-ups for every person living in the Thon Met village ($25/person)
- Soccer goal posts and net to create a real playing field for the Thon Met kids ($225)
To learn more about Thon Met and our Thon Met families, please visit: www.thonmetpeace.org.