Social Boston Sports wrote -
As a Social Boston Sports community, we've set a goal to raise $30,000 over the course of 2016 in order to fund one Playworks school. Broken down, this is only $1.36 from every active player in the SBS Community. Let's do this.
Your Donation Provides:
- $10 gives one child a scholarship to play in a sports league for the first time
- $25 gives a Junior Coach a t-shirt, whistle and lanyard to a be a youth leader at their school
- $75 provides one teacher with the training tools to incorporate play into their daily lessons
- $100 provides basic recess equipment at one school
- $166 is the cost per student to enjoy the Playworks program for 180 school days
Playworks takes the power of play and uses it to bring out the very best in our kids. Specifically, Playworks works to create a place on the playground for every kid. A place where they can belong, have fun, and be part of the game.
- Playworks schools have 43% less bullying.
- 20% of Playworks school students feel safer
- 43% more students are engaged in more vigorous physical activity
- Students spend 34% fewer minutes transitioning from recess back to the classroom
Operating in Allston, Brighton, Dorchester, East Boston, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, Roslindale, Roxbury, and the South End together we are directly supporting the children of our community.
Thank you for your generousity.
- The SBS Team