EVENT DATE: Feb 06, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Feb 12, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Feb 01, 2016
- A mission group..The student groups will be led as if they were a mission group that is preparing to visit the Diocese of Port-de-Paix, Haiti.
- Months before the Pilgrimage: Like any mission group, they will have opportunities for preparation! Students can be engaged in reading, prayer and reflection, and in raising pledges for the projects in our Sister Diocese. Amor en Acción will provide a package that will help teachers engage their students.
On the morning of the Pilgrimage: Registration and Opening Mass.
- Student groups will arrive with their teacher/designated moderator, to register. They will be given their “travel passport” and assigned a “mission leader” who will talk to the group and guide them through the pilgrimage. Opening Mass with Archbishop Wenski or Bishop Peter Baldachino.
- During the pilgrimage:The students will walk through each station as a group, led by their assigned mission leader. Each station will have a particular theme, an activity or learning presentation, some will have actors that will role play scenes and engage the students in an activity, others will have missionaries or representatives from our sister diocese talk to them in person of via video.
- At the end of each station their “passport” will be stamped with the pilgrimage symbol and a reflection question may be included for them to fill in as they go on.
- Approximate time of each station: Approximately 6 minutes each, Approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete the entire cycle.
- After the stations: Students will assemble in the large outdoor field area for the final rally for music, closing remarks and closing prayer, before being dismissed to enjoy lunch on campus via food trucks or a picnic is they brought.